To begin your journey as an ADNI participant, we ask that you:
- Enter your information into the sign up form. We are looking for participants aged 55 to 90 who live within 150 miles of an ADNI clinical site.
- Create an account on our ADNI Digital study website. You will use this account to log in and complete questionnaires and memory tests at the pace that is right for you. We suggest that you choose a user name that is different from your email address.
- Review the informed consent form, which explains the study, your role as a participant, and your rights. You are not an enrolled participant until you sign and accept the consent form.
- If you enroll in the ADNI study, you will be asked to answer questions and take a memory test online. If you need to pause and come back, you can log in and complete the tasks later.
- Every six months, we will ask you to answer more online questions and take online memory tests. Your continued participation helps us understand more about brain health. We can learn more about changes to memory, thinking, function, and day-to-day activities as we age.
- You may later be invited to participate in other aspects of the study. The completion of the online portions of ADNI4 assists with that process. For example, you may be asked to give a blood sample at a local Quest Diagnostics lab near you. You may also be invited to complete in-person tasks at an ADNI clinic.