When you are using Storyteller, you will be asked to grant permission for access to your microphone. Please ensure that you click ‘Allow’ on the pop up that appears. This will allow us to record your responses. This will only allow us to record you when you are taking the Storyteller test, and not otherwise.
If this does not fix the problem, there are two possible reasons why your microphone is not connecting. The issue may be a setting on your device, or it may be a setting on your browser.
- First check that your device allows access to the microphone for the web-browser you are using (for example Chrome, Safari, Firefox). You can find microphone permissions in Settings usually either in Privacy, Apps or Sound settings directories. There may be a Permissions subfolder where you can access Microphone settings. Change the permissions there to allow microphone access for your browser.
- Then please check that your browser enables access to the microphone for the Storyteller web application. You can find microphone permissions under Settings or Preferences in the browser dropdown menu.
- In Chrome this can be found by clicking the three dots on the top right side of the screen near the address bar.
- In Safari it’s found under the tab ‘Safari’.
- There may be a Privacy and Security subfolder or Websites section through which you can access settings for your Microphone. In this menu, select the adni4.org website and change the setting to ‘allow’.